Friday, March 7, 2014

Becoming locals for Carnival

Lo siento! I haven't written in ages! Alot has been happening around here since I became friends with Emilie. We are always going out on our spare time and exploring the island and making new friends. It's been amazing having someone to go out with, but we do lack on practicing our Spanish together, which we really do need to do more of. That's the only way we will ever get it. It was her birthday a couple weeks ago, and we went out every night for a whole week. We made a lot of friends all around town, and even found some places that we love so much we are now regulars there. Our friends at Trattoria Da Gigi  really know how to keep us coming back! We feel more like family when we walk in there now, they even closed the restaurant down, turned out the lights, and brought Emilie a birthday desert with a candle and sang "feliz cumpleanos" to her!! Then of course they also gave us free birthday shots and cocktails, and took a million pictures with us! We love them, and keep going back because although the food really is AMAZING, the people make our experience there memorable every time.
The guy in the middle in white above is one of the Chef's and they call him "Pollo".


Another favorite of ours now is Nazar Kebab... Emilie and I walked in there by mistake one night because we thought someone she met the night before worked in there (Turned out he worked one more over), but we sat down and had some drinks and shot the sh*t with the owner and his pals. We ended up staying there for hours, drinking and laughing. By the time we left I decided we had to go back because we hadn't tried the food and the wraps they were sending out looked amazing! So the next week when my friend Tristan came to town to visit for his birthday and carnival, we went in there and instantly they remembered me, "Stephanie from CALIFORNIA!!!!" and once I introduced them to Tristan they started asking my "Loca amiga" was (Emilie got a little drunk the night we met them). Tristan and I each tried their wraps and they seriously made your taste buds dance! No joke.We drank and drank and chatted with Tako about him moving to San Diego to open up shop there! Then he said I could be his number 2 wife, and that started a whole new inside joke with them. Pedro became known as "Psycho-Pedro" because he likes the crazy ones and "Crazy loves crazy"... hahaha, and after we paid our very small tab, they kept pouring us more shots on the house with them. Seriously, amazing people. Tristan and I went back almost every night he was here. Even during carnival with thousands of people around they somehow managed to treat us like regulars and make us feel special every time. I want to put Tako in my luggage and make him come back to SD with me.
Tristan and I in front of the Kebab place...
Tako and I
AND.... Psycho-Pedro!!!  
There are a few other places that keep us coming back, but nothing like these two. In fact, since Tristan has gone home, I haven't been back, so now I'm craving a Pollo-Kebab-Wrap :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment